As an integral part of the R&D team, you will assist in the development process across PPI’s laser drilling and trimming machine platforms, and Montrose Technologies’ Automated Vision Inspection equipment. As new systems and capability are developed, your tasks will range from functional updates through to implementing new stand-alone applications.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the products and their industrial application
- Interpret and define specifications ranging from high-level application down to functional level.
- Understand requirements, and be able to translate them into clear, concise, simple, efficient, re-useable, and testable code.
- Document internal and external (customer) specifications.
- Create and use uniform design patterns and syntax.
- Participate in the implementation of higher-level architectural frameworks, functional modules, and low-level algorithms.
- Respond to product support cases and manage debug and resolution to fix the source of the problem.
- Leverage existing code and adapt and refactor to maintain a common code base as functionality is developed.
- Participate in unit, system and acceptance testing by designing and executing tests and building test data, along with identifying and making improvements/fixes.
- Anticipate and discuss with other R&D team disciplines to define both short and long-term development tasks
Qualifications / Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or diploma in relevant field with demonstrated industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong coding skills for both object-oriented and embedded C programming
- Hands on experience in C# development for 24×7 industrial systems
- Experience in embedded DSP and FPGA systems is an asset
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within a development team
- Experience managing and using source control tools
Why PPI / Montrose?
With a highly motivated and close-knit Research and Development team, you are given the opportunity and encouragement to grow your contribution and responsibilities within the organization.
You will be involved in developing in a wide field of technologies, including laser and high-speed beam manipulation, advanced robotics, high performance real-time control, machine vision, and robust user interfaces for critical 24×7 industrial application.
As a software developer you will be part of the development group solving real, mission critical problems that involve all aspects of machine control. A variety of projects are on the go, including:
- Machine vision and image analysis
- Design of robotic control for part handling
- Embedded real time control systems
- Development of language parsers and interpreters
- Data mining and analysis
- User interface design
With competitive wages and benefits, a central west end spacious facility, free parking and easy access to public transportation, make PPI/Montrose Technologies your next step to your future career.
City of Ottawa Public Health Covid Guidelines are in place including:
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Social distancing guidelines and best practices
- Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures
- Regularly reviews and implements all public health guidelines
PPI Systems is an equal opportunity employer, with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.